25 CM/ 9.8 IN CAST IRON FRYING PAN WITH WOODEN COVER
This cast iron pan is perfect for use in the home or outdoor cooking. It is very durable and will last a lifetime if maintained properly. It can be used as a frying pan, saute pan, shallow dutch oven or any other cooking device. It is one of the best pans for cooking outdoors or indoors and a must need item in your cooking arsenal. Weighing less than 2.2 kg/ 5 lbs it is easy to carry along with your camping gear or just in your indoor kitchen.
Cast iron provides even cooking temperatures.
Durable and long lasting this pan should last a lifetime when properly maintained.
There is no chemical non-stick coating on the surface of the pot inside or out. Vegetable oil is sprayed at the factory for simple rust prevention.
The pan will become oily and smooth with use and will become “seasoned” and gets better with time.
Heating of the pan will also cause the handle to heat up so please use the handle with caution to prevent burns.
This pan can be used in all types of cooking applications.
Materials: High quality cast iron and wood (cover)
Outside Diameter:25 cm/ 9.8 in
Inside (Bottom) Diameter: 22 cm/ 8.6 in
Depth: 5.3 cm/ 2 in
Net Weight: 2.2 kg/ under 5 lbs
Applications: Gas stoves, induction stoves , halogen stoves, electric ceramic stoves or an open flame
Cooking and Maintenance
1) Clean, dry and wipe the inside of the pot thoroughly using vegetable oil to prevent rusting and to “season” the pan. Apply vegetable oil periodically or as needed to prevent rusting and this will maintain the long life of the pan.
2) In order to prevent rusting, vegetable oil will be applied prior to shipping. It is normal to have blackening of the pan in the beginning. (It does not contain any harmful substances)
3) The best way to cook on cast iron is to heat the pan first, add oil or non-stick spray and then add ingredients.
4) Cast iron posts are made from sand molds and polished by hand. The body inside and outside has not been machine polished so the surface will not be as smooth as stainless steel but cast iron is one of the best materials for any type of cooking and maintains an even heat.
5) After use make sure to clean and dry thoroughly, if there is any water in or on the pan please dry it and store it to avoid rusting. The effect of applying vegetable oil on the surface is the perfect way to maintain the integrity of the pan. If rust does occur, clean the rust stains first and then repeat the first step.